September 16, 2011

Flight from Tonga



 (Flight from San Francisco to Auckland)
 I don’t know if you can tell from the bad quality of my camera phone but THAT’S A HUGE plane.




Sun- Rise one our way to Tonga





Can you see the Outline of island? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! =D



I couldn’t breathe. I was HERE AT LAST =D =D I wanted to jump out of the plane and embrace the ocean.



*sigh* Hello, it’s good to be back home.

I was very, very, very grumpy when I got on the airplane from Auckland to Tonga. I had almost missed the flight due to my ignorance of New Zealand flight policies. There is a weight limit on carry-on bags and I double the limit. I had to call my aunty, who already left the airport, to turn around and pick up the carry-on. This took about an hour. I almost missed my flight. The airline people were not very helpful. And I couldn’t eat anything on the flight( I did not have breakfast =/) cause I only had American currency. The cool part was I met a lady from Germany who was living in New Zealand and visiting Tonga for her first time. I first met at her check-in. She had asked me if she could put her sunscreen in my luggage. The sunscreen bottle was over liquid limit and therefore couldn’t go on her carry-on. We had a friendly conversation. It was very relieving to meet someone nice. I was blessed by her company.  By the time Tonga was in view, I was literally on cloud 9. ;) Flying over the main island was an emotional moment for me. I was surprised I didn’t cry. Haha. I was overwhelmed that I actually got here. I was so use to failure that to have it work out was non-believable.
My favourite part was touch down.  We sailed in smoothly into the small airport. I walked not into an airport terminal, but onto the staircase and down. I felt like the President. 




Tongan joke- when I was standing at customs, the man asked me where I was I staying at. I said, “Kolomotua”. He asked, “Do you speak Kolomotua?”
I’m sure it’s funny, but I don’t get it. I’ve been told it’s funny. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment