April 10, 2013

not yet cured...


I'm always ready to leave to another country. always. I thought five months of traveling would cure me of this chronic illness- wanderlust. I thought one whole month of painful homesickness would surely rid any desire to leave home again. false. I'm ready to leave right now. 

Am I packed? no. Do I have money to spend on travels? no. Am I unsatisfied with my life? Surpringsly loving the way things turned out. ...but Would I go if someone handed me a paid ticket to some random country...even it's one way? in a heartbeat. 

Then the Holy Spirit convicted- this should be my approach to heaven. My desire to escape is not one that will be fulfilled in this life. No place on earth and no amount of time could cure me of this. As C.S. Lewis said- "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world." 

No comments:

Post a Comment