May 1, 2011

a lovely Sunday


Today was a day witnessing God working in a broken- girl’s heart.
Julia was incredible today. She was obedient, kind, and played very well with the other girls all day. I am just so happy. And I stand in awe at her growth. Today is also the second day she prayed with her own words (instead of singing her prayer) “Dear God, thank you for giving me a bed. Thank you for giving me stuff. .. And something else.”

I saw family friends who are truly just family.  My time with them lifted my heart and encouraged me greatly. I love how God keeps blessing me over and over again.

My wonderful accountability partner, Heather, gave me books for SAT prepping. Joy. I say that with dread but deep down, I’m really excited to embark on this journey. College prep- something I avoided for MANY reasons (one- I didn’t wana do that whole SAT/ACT thing. Lame. I know. I KNOW!) but God is really calling me to this. And I am just blessed to have people who are and will be guiding me along the way.
I also believe that I emotionally ready to start academic learning again. I am emotionally read to embark on this journey…something I was not ready to do 2 years…not cause I was stupid. Haha. I was traumatized. Something I am only realizing now. It’s scary how you can hide things from yourselves. (which is why we all need accountability partners and godly counselors.) The reasons  of many choices I made are now coming to light. I think if I went to a psychologist, I would have been diagnosed with some sort of disorder and maybe even put on medication! Thank God for His grace and mercy upon me. He is what I needed and will always need. He is healing me right now. And while I am still healing, I feel I have been healed a LOT already- one proff-my academic integrity is coming back. Praise be to God!

Heather and I also spent some time giving praises to God! Oh just how good He is.

We are better off than we deserve.

I had an amazing day.

Two songs I found today-

Georgia by Michael Buble. The choir my brother is in (ww.raggazi.org) has sung this song numerous times oh so beautifully. I prefer their version over Buble’s. Buble still does manage to melt my heart.

L'APPUNTAMENTO by Andre Boscelli- I have no idea what he is talking about. He could be reading a phone book for all I know… but the words are so beautiful and soft. The music is just calming and makes me smile.


~!_eita

ps- I spent yesterday organizing the boys book shelves and draws. quite a job. I loved every moment of it. haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment