June 28, 2011

Rain rain (sing the rest yourself)


I'm not a big fan of rain...unless I'm in Hawaii, Tonga, or any other tropical spot where the rain is warm and it's presence means "get in your bathing suit and run around with your friends". Americans think me crazy and are deprived of this blessing. 
However, today...smack in the middle of a beautiful California summer, who comes along but Mr.Cold Rain himself bringing his lovely Miss Cloudy Gray Skies. and while the whole Bay Area broke out in hysterias of complaints (actually, that's every day), I found it quite refreshing and welcomed the lovely couple with open arms. They didnt stay for very long so I'm sending them this letter.

Dear Mr. Cold Rain and Miss Cloudy Gray Skies,
I know you wont be staying long, actually, I kind really dont hope you stay long...
But thank you for coming by!
While I usually despise your company and wish you the worst, I was quite happy to have you today.
I would write more about how lovely it was to have you today, but I dont want you to feel like we're gonna keep rubbing shoulders from now on...no, not knees either.
Thank you for bringing a twist to this summer.
I hope your journey takes you far and wide...like to Antarctica.
Sincerely,
~!_eita

No comments:

Post a Comment