October 17, 2011

Beach and the Christian Life



I am going to blog more about the actual outing that took place at this lovely beach, but I just want to post this right now.

After swimming, and eating, I sat there at the beach and just cried. Crying on the beach.

I had listened to this sermon http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/we-were-eager-to-share-with-you-our-own-souls#/listen/full - by John Piper earlier in the morning, and one thing that really stuck out to me was the fact that The Christian life is hard. H-A-R-D. hard.

I swallowed the pill that things will never be easy. That I’ll never just float on by. That I wont always be happy with the status quo. I faced the fact that this life will always be a struggle uphill. But I was comforted, encouraged, and motivated by the fact that I will be rewarded to the fullest. I deceived myself into being disheartened by the reality of the Christian life, but I quickly realized my mistake. Life is hard-just in general. The Christian life is harder because we are going against the natural tide. (aka in Christian terms "sinful nature"). but the Christian Life is definitely the most rewarding. I know that even when it sucks, God will continue giving me peace beyond understanding. Unimaginable joy. I remembered that I will be in Heaven and bask in Christ’s awesomeness. I remembered that I will soon look back at these “mountains” of troubles and realize they were just hills. Ant hills. I was no longer sad, but excited for the adventures God has for me. I was happy. I wiped away the tears and frolicked down to the cool, clear water.

No comments:

Post a Comment