December 16, 2011

from the Bay

I get asked a lot “Where are you from in the States?”


Answer-
in my head, I'm like  “if you need a hyphy, I take it to duh BAY”
But out loud I say, " California... San Francisco, Bay Area. And when we feelin gangsta we say  Yay Area."
Photo credit- Heather McBirney

Here’s a quick post about the Bay Area.

San Francisco is my favourite city in the world. I haven’t been all around the world but I know this… “ I left my heart in San Francisco”  San Francisco- make your jokes about it being Capital of Gay but it’s a beautiful city, especially on a clear day. Sometimes, I just take the train up and explore.

Favourite things in the City...
-The Golden Gate Bridge... it’s not gold.ssshhh.
-Alcatraz Island
-Bay Bridge- new one is coming soon!
-Treasure Island
-Pier 39...actually just the whole pier.
-Crooked Road
-Ghirardelli Square 
-Union Square
- Trolleys 
-Boudin Sourdough Bakery &Cafe. delicious clam chowder in breadbowl.
-random modern art sculptures all around the city
-street vendors
-street entertainers
If you are ever in San Francisco, let me know. I’ll try my best to give you a personal tour of my favourite city :)

Baseball is kind of a big deal in SF, especially since we won the 2010 World Series! GO SAN FRANSISCO GIANTS!!!
Football- 49ers Football team. They made it to the playoffs =D about time! Go NINERS!!!
No one really cares about the Golden State Warriors (basketball team)…well I sure don’t. GO  LA LAKERS ;)

Yes. The Facebook headquarters is super close to home.
So is Stanford.
So is the Oracle headquarters.
So is the Apple Headquarters.
So is the Google Headquarters.
So is the Intel Headquarters.
So is the whole Silicon Valley...the place that makes the world go round.

and just because I live in California doesn’t mean I live next to movie stars.
and just because Disneyland might be closer to me than you, doesn’t mean I go everyday. LA is actually 6hours away.
and just because I’m a Californian doesn’t mean I’m a pro-surfer.
and just because I’m from America, specifically California, even more the Bay Area- it does NOT, I repeat does NOT mean I am spoiled, loaded with cash, and living the glamourous life. Quite the opposite.
and yes, California tried legalizing marijuana, I’m glad THAT news made it around the world. ß sarcasm. 

“When the lights go down in the city
And the sun shines on the bay         
Do I wanna be there in my city?”♫♪ – Lights, Journey

Friscooooo, repruh-szent hommieeee. ouuuuttttt

No comments:

Post a Comment