December 2, 2011

Mosquito and Insect Repellent


If you ever looked at my twitter during my first few months here in Tonga, you’ll see most of my posts are my never ending complaints about the darn mosquitoes bites. First off, I barely had any insect repellent, so I used the wipes sparingly, but I still got a BUNCH of bites. Second, there is this coil which you light (with a match) and it keeps the mosquitoes away. Except it gives off this repulsive smoke smell and I just cant stand it.  Funny thing is, I use to LOVE the smell when I was a kid. Anyways, I’d still get biten. Third, I don’t feel like wearing socks cause it’s a hundred degrees and my feet would just overeat. So the mosquitoes attacked my legs/feet like juicy piece of meat.

Well, now, thanks to the great crate box that came, my mom oh so thoughtfully packed mosquito wipes. I have been mosquito free for the past 2 weeks or so. =D

That might not seem like a big thing to all of you sitting in your mosquito free home, but it’s kind of a big deal for someone who’s been eaten alive for the past 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment